Friday, August 29, 2008

The Week from Hell - and a Pre-cap of the weekend

This week has SUCKED. Last week pretty much sucked, too. Work is miserable right now. Stuff is hitting the fan right and left and somehow keeps landing on me. It will pass, it just goes like this every once in awhile, and right now, I'm in it up to my eyeballs. I have only left work on time once in the last 8 working days, and I have no doubt I'll be here late (probably VERY late) tonight in order to avoid coming in over the weekend.
So, I am hoping that the weekend will be refreshing. Here's what is on the agenda:
I had planned to work on my quilt, but I have yet to finish the cover for the ironing board extender, what with all the extra hours at work. I still want to work on it, but after this week, I really don't have much energy or motivation. So, I might just sit on my butt tomorrow.
Sunday we have a party at a friend's house, and hopefully a babysitter for Ty so we can relax and have a good time. There's going to be food catered by the new BBQ place in town. Looking forward to trying it - I loves me some barbecue!
Monday, as is our annual tradition (except I managed to talk the hubs out of it the last couple of years) we will be driving down to St Louis, to the Freedom Farm to take part in the annual Boilermakers Labor Day picnic and parade. Oh GOODY! I'm sure Ty will have fun, they do a really good job of setting up activities for the kids and put out a huge spread of food and beer. Hopefully Ty will be pretty into it this year and I won't spend the whole time chasing him around and not enjoying it myself. In past years it has been ungodly hot and I hope we're in for better temperatures this year or it will be a miserable sweat bath.
Beyond that, I have no plans this weekend. I have a lot of things coming up over the next few weeks, including the International Bead Show in Collinsville, Ghost Hunting locally, quilting, and staining my new log headboard that is scheduled to be delivered by FedEx on Thursday. I should be back to blogging regularly next week!
Have a relaxing and SAFE holiday weekend, everyone - see you back in the real world next week!

4 comments:

NV said...

Sounds like lots of fun. And like you deserve it. ENJO, girl!

You'll have to let me know when you're going to C'ville as that is just TOO close to not try and seek you out. :-)

NV said...

that should be ENJOY! Can't even freakin' type. Tells you how MY day is going ...

MonkeyGirl said...

Bead show? Collinsville? Oh, you seriously have to let me know when that is. Monkey Mamma and I can do some serious damage a one of those! Have a great weekend - the weather is supposed to be beautiful!

Ty'sMommy said...

Hey, for those of you that are interested, the International Bead Show is September 12 - 14 at the Gateway Center in Collinsville, IL.
Friday: 12pm - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 6pm
Sunday: 11am - 5pm

I'm still working on getting a sitter lined up, but if all goes well, I'll be there saturday morning!