Friday, October 31, 2008

Howdy, folks!

Say hello to my little cow-poke, Marshall Ty.
We very nearly missed out on trick-or-treating last night, as Ty was a little tyrant at school yesterday and THREW a school bus toy at his girlfriend. Not a good night to punish him effectively, and, as it turns out, it was a bad day for nearly the whole class, so I chose to fore go the worst of the punishment for the night.

He was adorable. He ran around all night telling anyone who would listen, "I a COW-boy!" or the equally effervescent, "I'm SHERIFF!" He was quite a doll. The pictures on my camera weren't all that great, as he wouldn't hold still worth a darn, but I am hoping for better from the photographer we went to see. Who knows, maybe he'll make it into the costume contest again this year. Although, I am not holding my breath, since it was such a beautiful night, there were a lot of kids out and he had some stiff competition.
Likewise, today was Halloween at work, for me. I do not normally participate, as Halloween really isn't my favorite holiday, but my good friend Melyssa is a die-hard Halloweener, and I agreed to "participate" in her "game", as she put it. She entered the contest as an individual and won this year's title of "Scariest Individual". I was merely an accessory. Anyone care to guess who she was? Anne and Syl - no fair guessing since you already know!
Hint: Look around her office for the details.....and think outside the box.

4 comments:

NV said...

OMG! What a cute li'l sheriff!

As for the theme in your other pic, I dunno. Fractured Fairy Tale, mebbe?

MonkeyGirl said...

I get it - she is Jill! You know Jack and Jill went up the hill....that for the clues!

Ty'sMommy said...

DING! DING! DING!!! We have a winner!!! MonkeyGirl was right on....M went as Jill (from Jack and Jill) for Halloween. Good job picking up on the details! Notice the dead "body" under the sheet next to her, the I "heart" Jack t shirt, the jug of water, the Mother Goose book...and more! Yay!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hah, cute!!!! Both your little guy and your co-worker's idea.