Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy.....

It was a very busy weekend, but in a good way. I got a lot done, still got to go out on date night Saturday, and did some baking to blog about.
Friday night was a very relaxing night at home.
Saturday I spend the vast majority of the day shopping with my son and MIL. It was very productive, and we found almost everything we were looking for.
Saturday night was date night again! This time it was a bonfire and hayride/party at a friend's house. It turned out to be a whole lot of fun, and it was cold enough I finally had an excuse to wear the new hoodie I bought the last time I went to the old college campus.
Sunday was breakfast at Grandma's, as usual, and then a million little projects. I worked on T's Halloween costume, which is now almost complete, make biscuits and gravy for the hubs to take to work for his guys today, and made Toffee Cookies for Grandpa.
Grandpa loves my Toffee Cookies.
Heck, I have yet to meet someone who doesn't love my Toffee Cookies.
These cookies are so good that milk has to compete to qualify for the right to be in the same picture as these cookies.
See all that melty toffee? Mmmmmm...they are so yummy even I can't resist one. And I don't even really have a sweet tooth.
And guess what? Just to be the nasty little critter I am, I'm going to post yummy pictures of them and NOT give you the recipe. :) Ancient Chinese Secret...... I never give this recipe out. Never. BWWaaaahahahahAHAHAHAHAhahahahah!!!!

3 comments:

MonkeyGirl said...

Stop with the cookies already - you are making me hungry!!!! they look awesome, too made I'm the only one in the house who likes toffee so I would be forced to eat them all by myself!

NV said...

Those cookies look awesome!

As a bizarre coincidence, I have to ask: does your friend who had the hay ride live close by or farther away?

I ask only because my cousin and family had their annual hay ride Saturday night and she lives in Pocahontas. (And if you know my cousin, it would be just too weird. Way more than coincidence.)

Ty'sMommy said...

I'm telling you, the cookies are AWESOME!

NV - nope, it was a big night for hayrides, I think there were about 5 just in my little town saturday night! This was very close to home, so no, I don't know your cousin....I don't think so, anyway!