Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stuffed Shells, Revisited for Presto Pasta Night!

This is hardly the first time I have made stuffed shells…..heck, its not even the first time I’ve blogged about it! But, that was before I found Presto Pasta Nights, so since I served this dish for my husband again last night, I thought it merited another look. I even took new pictures!

Check this out on Presto Pasta Nights over at Teczsape this Friday!

World's Easiest Stuffed Shells
1 1/4 pounds Italian sausage
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg
24 - 30 jumbo shells
1 jar pasta sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella
Brown the Italian sausage in a skillet and drain off the fat.
Take off the heat and add the cream cheese, stirring until all the meat is coated.
Mix in the Parmesan cheese.
Add the egg and mix well. (all of this can be done a day or two ahead if you are pressed for time in the evenings like I am)
Preheat oven to 350.
While the meat is browning, cook the shells in boiling water until just pliable. DO NOT cook all the way through, as these will continue to cook in the oven.
Pour a thin layer of pasta sauce in the bottom of your baking dish (9x13, round casserole, whatever you have in that size range. I've also used 2 pie plates in a pinch).
Drain the shells and allow to cool just enough so they can be handled.
Using a spoon, scoop the meat mixture into the shells. They do not need to be super-full, a good spoon full will do. Place the filled shells on the pasta sauce and repeat until all shells and meat are used. Drizzle the rest of the pasta sauce over the shells and top with the mozzarella. Cover the dish with foil and bake about 30 minutes or until bubbly.

5 comments:

tigerfish said...

Look at that melting cheese. Do check out the round up :)

Joanne said...

I LOVE stuffed shells but shockingly have never made them before. That filling looks amazing. These are definitely bookmarked.

The Food Hunter said...

This is my kind of dish.

Ruth Daniels said...

Stuffed shells are my favorite comfort food...your filling sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Ty'sMommy said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone! Glad you enjoyed the recipe - check out my chicken parmesan I posted today!