Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Beef and Noodles

This recipe is yet another in my long list of "husband-friendly" foods. In my former life, I worked at a bar/restaurant and one of the weekly lunch specials was beef and noodles. Since moving to Illinois, there are two old favorites from back then that I have yet to find on a local restaurant menu; Open Faced Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches, and Beef and Noodles. I wish I could say I had the recipe for the version we served at my former place of employment (because they were soooo darn tasty!), but this one will have to do. And it does! Another easy weeknight meal with only a few ingredients and minimum effort.

I am submitting this for my entry to Presto Pasta Nights this week. Check out the roundup on Friday over at Family, Friends & Food.

Beef and Noodles

1 beef roast (I prefer Sirloin roast) about 3 pounds

1 package Reames egg noodles

salt and pepper

Liberally salt and pepper the roast and place it in the crock pot.Fill with water, almost to the top of the roast.

Let cook on LOW about 8 hours, or until it falls apart like this:Then remove the beef to a plate and pour all the cooking juices into a large pot or dutch oven. Bring it to a boil. When boiling, add the noodles, and cook until tender. Do not let all the liquid cook out of it. If it starts to get too thick, add some water or beef stock.Meanwhile, shred the beef into small chunks, removing any leftover stringy bits or fat. Add the beef back into the pot.

Stir together and heat through. Serve with buttered bread and you'll have one happy man at your table.

5 comments:

Patsyk said...

A great dish for a cool day! thanks for sharing with PPN this week!

The Food Hunter said...

Looks really good.

Muneeba said...

what a fabulous mound of deliciousness ... my hubbs would definitely be all over this in a heartbeat!

Ruth Daniels said...

What a cool way to cook pasta. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Christy said...

It was DELISH!