Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hey, Mango!

Hey, Mango!
Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo, of course, and as always, we held a small celebration at my office. If you know anything about where I work, you know that any occasion is an excuse for us to have food and Cinco de Mayo is no exception. There was the usual food table, along with a few games, like “guess how many jalapenos are in this jar” and blindfolded ”build the best taco” competitions.
When I bring food to work, I do generally try to at least keep it in the common realm so that people will try it instead of just turning up their noses, and my Mango Salsa worked out nicely. An empty bowl or tray at the end of the day is a very good sign.

2 mangoes, diced
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 small red onion, finely diced
4 tomatoes, diced
2 fresh jalapenos, minced

Mix all of the ingredients together with a little salt and pepper and you have this luscious concoction:

4 comments:

NV said...

MMMmm... That sounds awesome!

tigerfish said...

I like it! I want it!

Ty'sMommy said...

Glad you liked it, it was quite tasty!

Anne said...

that looks good! want some right now!!

we have cilantro in the garden. hmm