Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Leading a horse to water

Ok, after some pushing and shoving, I have finally taken the not-so-subtle hint from my sister and other friends that I needed to get a real blog, so here goes! It is the middle of summer already and I feel like I haven't accomplished anything on my length and constantly growing "to-do" list. Most of the items on this list were just waiting around for "decent weather" which has come and gone, and come again, so I guess its time to get down to business!
Let's start with a list:
  1. Finish Ty's scrapbook
  2. Stain 2 adirondack chairs and assemble
  3. Strip and refinish dresser I've had in garage for 8 years (color: pea pod green)
  4. Install gingerbread door in laundry room doorway and paint cobalt blue
  5. Make 19 tin punched panels for door frames dad is making to cover cubby holes
  6. Re-paint downstairs bathroom a nicer color
  7. Plant asparagus
  8. Plant iris bulbs this fall
  9. Find new window covering and rugs for downsairs bathroom
  10. Frame antique picture of our schoolhouse to hang
  11. Mad Bluebird cross stitch for mom's birthday (9 years ago)
  12. Make new christmas stockings
  13. Log Cabin Quilt for our bed
  14. Paint Interior doors
  15. Finish trim and baseboard in house
  16. New siding
  17. Get a swingset for Ty
  18. Matt - build Ty a sandbox
  19. Paint ugly stained attic fan cover

How is that for a start? Let's see how much I can get done!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Hi sis! Welcome to blogging. Love the list - I stopped doing lists like that because reading them hurts.

Ty'sMommy said...

Thanks! I know what you mean about lists, I am a terrible lister. But even though there are much more important things on my list, I am too excited about repainting the bathrom, so I guess that's what I'll be doing next! Probably saturday, actually, if I can find a rug and blinds to go in there.

NV said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, sorta neighbor. (I'm about 15 minutes from downtown STL.) That's a VERY healthy list. You're ambitious!

Ty'sMommy said...

NV - thanks! I'm about an hour or so north of STL, myself, but I get down there regularly to go to the Soulard Market and the Hill.
Hopefully I can find what I need and get started on my bathroom project. Its a small one, but it will make a big difference!