Saturday, July 19, 2008

At the end of the day

I have learned some lessons. Something about myself became shockingly clear to me. I have no real friends.If you know me, or you are one of those people that just said, "Hey! I'm her friend!" then you should know that the best friends are the ones that are brutally honest and tell you things you may not want to hear in order to keep you from doing things that you might later regret. So tell me girls, why, why in the name of all that is holy, didn't any of you tell me that I should not paint??? Seriously, you've been in my house - why would you let me pick up a can of paint and a roller? My bathroom walls now more closely resemble blue stucco than they do walls coated skillfully in bright blue interior wall paint. My three year old had a better start when he fell down in the bathroom this morning, squarely landing both of his Croc-clad feet in my pan of blue paint. Its been a hell of a day.The room is all but done, in spite of my creative shortcomings. The blinds got the best of me late in the day and they will be punished by waiting to be hung until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Well I'm not your friend, I'm your sister - which means I can be even more brutal! :)

You can't tell from the pictures that the paint isn't perfect. Paint away!

Ty'sMommy said...

Well thanks, sis! I think... :)