Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Easiest. Dinner. Ever.

I am sure that most of you already have a recipe for Italian Beef in your recipe boxes, but then again, I could be wrong. I had never had Italian beef until I moved to Illinois, so I have always wondered if it was a regional thing, like Toasted Ravioli, or the Horseshoe.

So, here we go.

  1. Get a nice Sirloin roast, with as little fat as possible
  2. Throw it in a crock pot
  3. Sprinkle with one package of Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix, and 1 TB of Italian seasoning
  4. Pour one or bottle of beer in the pot (I like a nice dark beer, maybe Schlafly's Octoberfest, or even an Oatmeal Stout, but there is never a shortage of Bud Light with my husband around, so that's what usually gets used.)
Cook the sucker on Low all day while you're at work. When you get home, pull any excess fat off the meat, shred it or chunk it up, and serve it on nice big rolls with a slice of pepperjack cheese.
**some people I know like to throw a jar of pepperoncinis in the mix, too.

This is a meal I like when I either find beautiful roasts on sale for a good price, or I just need a really easy dinner idea.

No comments: