Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Visit

Well, I’m still working on getting caught up, but I am back at work after a 4 day weekend full of family, food, and fun. My parents, sister and brother in law came in for a long weekend and belated Christmas. I don’t get to see my family very often, so when I do, it’s a big deal. We didn’t have any big plans, partly because in my remote area of the Midwest, there just isn’t much to do. SO, we stayed around home, worked on a few projects, made some jewelry, and cooked.

I had quite a menu planned, and, completely uncharacteristic for me, I didn’t take a single picture of food this weekend, and we made some really good meals! My sister and I made some new jewelry and shared pretty beads from our stashes. We created new wine cork trivets. I made one a while back from my old wine corks that I have saved, and a couple of friends fell in love with it, so dad made new frames for them and we played with wine corks one afternoon. You can see my original one in this post. We finished the baseboard in my sewing room, which required us to move everything out of the armpit of my house, and therefore, put it back more neatly, so maybe I can work on my quilt again someday soon. My dad brought out the shelf for my new wine fridge. He fixed my headboard so it’s a little shorter and the pillows don’t fall behind the bed any more. He also put my cubby hole doors on hinges instead of hangers so they are more manageable. Plus, I put cup hooks on the back of one of the doors to hang all my jewelry.

Ty also got a nice surprise from Grandpa. Being the fantastic craftsman that he is, my Dad made Ty a very nice toy chest that he will be able to keep forever. He liked it so much he even tried to take a nap on it, but I’ll have to post that picture later since its on my computer at home.
Before taking my sis and BIL to the airport yesterday, I took them on a little tour of the Hill in St Louis (aka Little Italy) and had some wonderful pasta along with a bit of shopping at the little markets down there. I made the camera shy couple stop in front of one of the beautiful churches down there for a picture.
All in all, it was a wonderful visit, and I can’t wait until Ty and I fly out to the coast to see them again in April!

No comments: