Friday, November 14, 2008

Se Habla Español....

And here I sit. Eight years ago, I started at this company as a Spanish language translator (after a short stint as a receptionist). After struggling with that job for two years, learning the hard way that I do NOT like what I went to college for, I finally got away from it and moved into another department. Internal Training. I loved it. I lovingly helped build that department for four more years, only to have it thrown in the trash a couple of years back. But, in the meantime, I was still filling in on an "as-needed" basis in the translation group, and I still hated it. Finally, about 2 years ago, that all came to a screeching halt when I changed departments, yet again.
And now, today, here I sit, strapped to my desk by the shackles of my headset, waiting for the phone to ring with the tell-tale heading on the phone screen "1-800-INBOUND SPANISH SUPPORT".
How did I suddenly get back here? Supposedly its only for an hour, while the lone support person goes to lunch....but I have a very bad feeling about it.
"Bueno? Habla Elizabeth....."

1 comment:

NV said...

Es muy mal, pobrecito. :-)