Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It is Quilting Season!

The weather has turned cold, and just in time! I'm in charge of making a baby quilt for my MIL to give as a gift at a baby shower later this month. It is really hard for me to get motivated to quilt until the weather is cold.

I did NOT want to make this quilt.

I have been fighting it tooth-and-nail for weeks.

This weekend I finally gave in and started sewing the blocks I had cut out weeks ago.

The quilt is going to be "Trip Around the World" style, and 17 blocks wide by 17 blocks long. The lighting in the picture isn't great, but the colors are pink and brown. Also, I took the picture with my phone to send to the MIL, so I apologize for the poor photo quality.

This is a picture I took when I got all of the rows done last night (yes, they are pinned to my living room curtain so I could track my progress).
This morning, I pressed all the seams and sewed the first 4 rows together. All I have to do tonight is attach the other 13, which will be no problem. This is a simple quilt with no borders. So tomorrow night I should be able to take it to the quilter, and get it back just in time to put the binding on it before the shower, Thanksgiving weekend.

3 comments:

NV said...

Cool! That really is a gift you've gotten.

I have trouble with hems and buttons, so it clearly isn't one of the gifts I got. :-)

NV said...

OMG! And I JUST noticed your Christmas countdown. TOO FUNNY!

NV said...

OMG! And I JUST noticed your Christmas countdown. TOO FUNNY!