Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Finally.

It's done. I picked up the baby quilt from the quilter last night, fully intending to put the binding on it when I got done with supper. But, a headache started as I left work and, by the time I got home, was so bad that I nearly threw up. So, not only did I not put the binding on, I didn't even make supper.

I woke up much better this morning, however, and determined that this quilt wasn't going to be on my to-do list for one more day. I have a long list of things to take care of around the house before company comes for the weekend, so I sat down at the machine this morning and finished it.

I ran out of thread halfway through the binding. Coats & Clark have changed their spool design, and I didn't think anything of it when I bought the spool for this quilt. Normally a spool of thread would MORE than finish a baby quilt, which is why I have so many miscellaneous spools in my desk drawer. So, fortunately, there was a spool in that drawer in a shade of pink close enough to the one I was using that is won't be noticeable. Thank god.

But, sewers beware! Those new spools won't get you as far as they used to!

So, what do you think?

3 comments:

NV said...

Wow! That looks great. Glad you're feeling better.

Tom W. said...

Looks good, but I can't see the sailboat.

Deanna said...

My mom and grandmother are quilters.

Your's looks great!