Ever since my dad made a gorgeous toy chest for Ty for Christmas, I’ve been meaning to make a seat cushion for it. I dug some upholstery material out of my stash…..bought a piece of foam padding……cut the foam to the right size…..then finally last weekend I tried my new sewing machine out for the first time and put the cushion together. It was an easy project, and I knew it would be, but I just hadn’t been able to work up the motivation to get it done until then. In the process, I found out that my new machine is AWESOME! Stitching through those layers of Jacquard was just like running a hot knife through butter…..wonderful….. It was so nice, it motivated me to do some more sewing this weekend, as you’ll see in another post.