Wednesday, July 7, 2010

S'more Krispy Treats

There is a guy that I work with who is just a fool for a rice krispy treat. He even tried to institute a “rice krispy treat day” where we would take turns bringing in rice krispy treats every week on a specific day.

Yeah well, that didn’t fly so well...

BUT. His birthday is this weekend. So, in honor of the Krispy King himself, we decided to surprise him with a “Krispy Treat” buffet for him today at work.

Since I am the kind of person who can never do anything the traditional way, I did a little bit of recipe browsing and came up with an idea from the Kellogg’s website. I think they call them Rice Krispy Chocolate Yummies, or something like that. I call them “S’more Krispies”!

It doesn’t get a whole lot easier than this, and it only took me about ten minutes. I didn’t even need to fire up my oven or stove.
The result? oh dear lordy these were good. And rich. I think you could almost do without the peanut butter because it really pushed it over the top. They were a winner for sure, and a keeper for the recipe box.
(yep, I’m using the picture from the Kellogg’s website. Why? Because mine are all GONE.)

S’more Krispies
· 7 Crackers Keebler® Grahams Original
· 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
· 1 package (12 oz., 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
· 2/3 cup light corn syrup
· 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
· 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (I used creamy)
· 3 cups Ready-To-Eat Cereal Rice Krispies®

1. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch microwave-safe dish with cooking spray. Arrange KEEBLER GRAHAMS ORIGINAL crackers in single layer in dish, breaking crackers as needed to fit. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over crackers.
2. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until marshmallows are puffy. Remove from microwave. Cool completely.

3. In 2-quart microwave-safe mixing bowl combine chocolate morsels, corn syrup and butter. Microwave on HIGH about 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in peanut butter. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, mixing until combined.

4. Spread evenly over marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Cut and store in airtight container in refrigerator.

1 comment:

NV said...

Oh. My. God. I want some. NOW!
D*mn.