Ok, so I haven't been posting a lot lately. Its not that I don't love you, people, truly I do. Its just that life seems to be getting in the way lately. So, I'm going to give you some blog farts (also known as random bits of what's going on in my life because I just have no time for a real post).
- Earth Day is coming up and I am spearheading a movement to begin a "freecycle" program at my office, as well as organizing a Brown bag session promoting our local recycling center.
- The hubs has been spending a lot more evenings hunting lately, so I have much less time at home to try out new recipes and blog. You would think that would give me more time, but without him there to distract the lovable little snuggle bunny that our son has become, my time is pretty well spoken for.
- The FIL has officially been moved to a nursing home (aka "hospice") and we have been trying to see him as much as possible (for reasons that may not be obvious, but if you read the word "hospice" you should get the idea). I know, I really haven't talked about this before now, and that's out of respect for the hubs, as he is kinda private about things likr this.
- Work. Yeah....work.
- Getting ready for Easter. This year there is a lot to do! I will add pics of us dyeing Easter eggs, but we also had an Easter egg hunt at my office, Easter party, including treat bags to give away at Ty's school, Easter egg hunt at our house Sunday morning, and at the MIL's Sunday afternoon, which will involve me assembling a rather elaborate antipasto/relish tray.
- I'M GOING TO SEE MY SISTER! My PREGNANT sister. (Yes, I just love saying that!) And that is occupying the vast majority of my thoughts right now. Planning the trip, itself, including everything I need to bring along to entertain or sustain the 4 year old. Also, I am trying (rather unsuccessfully, I might add) to get the baby quilt I am making done in time to take with us. Among other things, including just daydreaming about going to see my sister! I'm going to cook for her while I'm there, so I've been browsing my vast recipe archive as well.
- The Mother's birthday falls during the trip, so I hope I get the chance to cook something special for her while we're there. Oh, and the BIL's birthday falls on the second trip we're taking out there in July, and I am in charge of his birthday cake, which means I have been test driving cake recipes at home. I haven't found one yet that I am satisfied with, or even that I find worthy of posting here, but up next is Chef Chuck's Torta di Cioccolato. I'll try and take pics and let you know how it turns out after I've had a chance to whip it up!
- Oh yeah, did I mention WORK? Mmm hmmm.
Well, anyway, I've been busy, but I'll try to do better. And if you can just hang on and bear with me for a couple more weeks, I'm sure I'll have an endless supply of blogtastic material when I get back from the coast.
For now, here's some pics of my precious little man.