Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pickin' Wildflowers

With "the wedding" coming up in a few weeks, the MIL and I are in a full out “run” toward preparing her house for the event. It is going to be an outdoor ceremony, but the girls are going to be getting ready at the house and we have a few special things planned for them, not to mention some new décor for the house.

One thing the MIL wanted to do was to put old pictures of the bride and her family around the room and her thought was to put them on picture clips instead of in frames. We looked and looked at various clips and holders, and even at place card holders, but nothing was right.

Then I got an inspiration.

The wedding is going to be all bright colors and there is an underlying floral/garden theme. And so, I dug through my craft supplies and came up with this idea.

Aren’t they cute? And inexpensive to make. You can’t tell in the picture, but I have green glass marbles in the pots, resembling grass and holding the wires in place.
Too fun. I can't wait to see them set up around the room!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Very cool! Love it!

Joanne said...

These are quite adorable! What a great idea.

Who is getting married?!?!?

NV said...

Those are cool. What a great idea!

Ty'sMommy said...

Oh! I guess I forgot to mention it! The bride is my step niece (in law). This is the second wedding that I will be officiating.