Friday, May 14, 2010

Grilled Pork Chops with Chili Maple Glaze

I originally found this recipe online as a stove top variation on a Bon Appetit recipe. I’d quote the source (if I could find it) but I’ve taken creative license and have adapted it even further. Since I received a new grill from the hubs for Mothers Day, I’ve wanted nothing more than to grill everything in sight. So, when I pulled this recipe out of my “must try” file, I just couldn’t bring myself to light the stove. I personally think it was much better this way (not that I tried it on the stove!) and the hubs agreed. He took all the leftovers with him to work for lunch yesterday.
The chili garlic sauce that I picked up at the asian market gave it a nice kick, and the maple syrup added an unexpected sweetness. I really wasn’t sold on the idea of combining the two, but in the end, it really worked!

Grilled Pork Chops with Chili Maple Glaze
6 boneless pork loin chops
1 tsp chinese five-spice powder
salt and pepper
1 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp chili garlic sauce

1. Season pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper, and five-spice powder.

2. Heat grill to high and cook the pork about three minutes on each side, giving it some lovely grill marks.3. Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, chili garlic sauce and maple syrup in a saucepan and reduce by half.

4. Brush over pork chops and let the grill do its job by turning it into a caramelly (is that a word?) glaze.
This one was so fast and easy, not to mention flavorful. Throw a few slabs of zucchini on the grill at the last minute and you have a full meal!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my....that looks like one winning recipe! I am a total nut for anything with the maple flavor and I also the the chili garlic sauce.

I got a new grill for mother's day too. I've been looking for good grilling recipes and I am definitely going to try this one out.

Joanne said...

I've made this before and absolutely LOVED it! It was one of my favorite Bon Appetit meals. I had to cook mine on the stove but it looks way better on the grill!

Julie said...

That glaze sounds like a winner! I love pork :)