Monday, September 14, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake-lets for My Girl, Paula!

This post is a little belated, but I’m going to go ahead and put it out there anyway. Time has gotten away from me, but I think this was last week’s recipe for My Girl, Paula! And even though it is yet another baked good, I decided to go for it anyway.
Over the past couple of weeks, I think I have put on more than 5 pounds, and aside from all the beer-drinking that surrounded the funeral, I think it might be Paula’s fault. So, I may have to start restricting my participation in Paula’s group to the non-dessert items.
Anyway – here we go! I actually really liked this recipe, and it was very easy to prepare, not to mention fast. Since I’ve been on a roll with my muffin pans, I decided to use them again for this cake instead of making the full sized version. Ty clearly doesn’t mind, since its been easy to talk every single person who has drifted in and out of our house to get one for him. As you can see, he really enjoyed helping me make these “chocolate chip nuffins” as he has dubbed them.
I did really like these, they were dense and moist, and very, very chocolately. Paula should probably call them Chocolate Chocolate Pound Cake.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Oh no! You also found the same 5 pounds that I did! I vote that we blame Paula because it's happened to the both of us! I'm glad that you liked the cake. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I went ahead and made the cake, but your little cakes look very cute. I can see why Ty likes them : ) Take care.

Linda said...

Oh boy, my grandsons would LOVE these!

Michelle said...

I love the way you made muffins!

Arlene Delloro said...

I'm living vicariously through you since I'm back at WW (happy to say I've lost 5 lbs)and don't dare make something that looks so drool-worthy.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those look so good as cupcakes! Great job. Love your little helper. I have one of those too.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Muffins of cupcakes? There are adorable muffins and everyone would love them.