Monday, August 17, 2009

Grasshopper.....

Yes, that's right, my Little Grasshopper earned his first belt in karate. I was on the fence about whether or not he would pass (and yeah, I know his instructor let him slide on a couple of things...but hey, he IS only FOUR), but Saturday after class, the students who passed their recent belt test were presented with their certificates of rank and their new belts (in Ty's case, it was just adding a stripe to his white belt). He was so proud of himself (as we were of him!) that Mommy started a new tradition of taking her boy out to breakfast whenever he gets a new belt.
We went to my favorite place to eat in town and I treated him to silver dollar pancakes with chocolate chips while I had my favorite Eggs Benedict.
I just can't get over how handsome my Little Guy is!!

2 comments:

Heather S-G said...

AWWWWWW!

Kim said...

awwww....he is precious!! do they really have to grow up?? i'm glad he's feeling better!!