Monday, July 14, 2008

Does it look like a chair yet?

Well, it turned out to only be a semi-productive weekend. I was all set to paint the adirondack chairs Saturday, and by the time I had everything set up, the storm clouds started rolling in. Naturally. I did manage to finish a picture frame kit that my friend Chris brought me back from Iowa, and some other tidbits around the house, but nothing substantial.

Sunday I had planned to run down to Alton with Kris for lunch at Josephine's and a visit to the bead store, with a quick side trip to Lowe's to pick up the blinds for my bathroom project next weekend. Unfortunately, Kris had to bail on me, so I was left to my own devices. That didn't stop me though, when you have a babysitter lined up, you do NOT cancel. If nothing else, a drive by myself with the windows down and the stereo up might be just what the doctor ordered.

Lowe's wasn't much help, but I did manage to get the blinds at Home Depot, and, God bless 'em, they cut them to size for me. Lucky me, it was the last set in the size I needed, too. So, now I am all set to start the bathroom Saturday morning.
The stop at the bead store was less than uplifting. Its been awhile since I have been there and I would say they have drastically downsized their supply and selection of beads and findings. I picked up a few things, but not much. And I was disappointed to discover when I got home, that the large sterling jump rings I asked for turned out to be split rings, which will absolutely NOT work for the project I intended to use them on. SO, I grabbed some Taco Bell (ugh, which I regretted later) and stopped for some sweet corn to take home and headed in the direction of the house.

After getting home, I immediately got to work on the chairs. I managed to get both sets of slats stained (ok, its deck stain, so it looks more like brown paint, but the all-weather quality is what I was going for), and now I just need to work on assembling them. As of right now they look more like a fence-in-progress than they do chairs. Hopefully I can get that done this week so I am free and clear to start the bathroom on Saturday. But, then again, the fair is this week and we won't be home much...it just never ends.

No comments: