Friday, February 26, 2010

My 1200 Cents

I am a pretty tough critic when it comes to anything I buy. But, every once in awhile, a great product comes shining through. I have been amazed and thrilled to find a product I can honestly rave about.

Over about the past month, my lips have been slowly driving me loony. I always get chapped lips in the winter, but that is par for the course considering the dry winter skin I always get as well. This year, however, is a completely different story. They were dry, the itch, the crack, they peel, they flare up and radiate outward until I look like a walking, talking clown with a bad makeup job. I was seriously considering going to the doctor.

Something abnormal had to be going on, some infection or bacteria or fungus....SOMETHING. I tried every over the counter lip remedy available. I finally found a tube of Neosporin Lip Health, which really did help, but if I stopped using it, the creeping crud threatened to make an encore appearance.

My girl Sylvia, being a total nail polish freak, introduced me to the Art of Beauty website awhile back and since I once placed an order, I get occasional promos and email offers from them. A few weeks ago, they offered a tube of their Qtica Intense Lip Repair Balm for free with a purchase of some kind. I couldn't justify it at the time. Later they sent me another offer for two free bottles of polish with a ten dollar purchase. Having suffered with the lip-tastrophe long enough, I decided it was time.

The lip balm is $12 for a .5 ounce tube. Pretty pricey, but it was just right for my $10 purchase. At a certain point in the suffering process, price ceases to matter. I received my order Tuesday morning. Today? Today my lips are perfectly healthy again. Less than four days. I will never be without this little miracle worker again. I cannot say enough good things about it. It is thick, but absorbs well, and has staying power. A little goes a long way, and it does not have a medicinal or otherwise offensive taste.

I am not an advertiser, and I am not being compensated for this message, I just had to put in my two cents...or, rather, my 1200 cents. 1200 cents very well spent.

No comments: