Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Time for a Change

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that I had had a very productive weekend at home. Unfortunately, most of the things I accomplished are not particularly blog-worthy, There are a couple of exceptions to that, though. One being the baby quilt I was making for my mother in law to gift at an upcoming baby shower. I managed to get that finished on Saturday and I'm sneaking it off to the quilter at lunch today.
The other item is something I've been wanting for quite a while, and even had the materials for. It is a clock. And not just any clock, as you'll soon see. I bought the hands for it awhile ago, and had my dad mount them for me when he was here in December. Then it was a matter of finding some stencils that I liked, which wasn't easy, and finally, getting a bottle of the right color paint. Well, I've been working on it in bits and pieces over the last week and last night I finally put the last touches on it and took down the tape.
What do you think?Ty likes it a lot, too. This is the shot of the clock from his point of view. (yes, he got ahold of my camera again, but he really was excited about the clock.)Its hard to get the over all picture in this shot, but if you look at the table in the foreground, you can see that the clock basically covers the whole wall. The circle is about four feet in diameter. And I love it! It really makes the room much more impressive. Now, if I could just get that darned table cleared off....

3 comments:

Krista said...

I think it looks cool! What a great idea.

Joanne said...

I think these projects are definitely blogworthy! That clock is so cool. I wish I could see it in person. I have a feeling the photo doesn't do it justice.

NKP said...

Wow, what a grand clock! I love it!